A Virtual Program with Glenna Gerard
An Introduction to Foundations for Participating in and Facilitating Dialogue
· Create the foundational understanding and skill development for participating in Dialogue that is needed to facilitate this form of conversation.
· Increase capability to work in various contexts and create a container for others to participant in, and derive value from, a Dialogue.
We will meet 4 times using the virtual platform Zoom. Each session will be 2 hours with an additional 10 minute window at the beginning of each session to ensure we are all fully present and prepared to engage on the hour.
Each session will include a portion of offering and reviewing content for the day, followed by skill-building activities, of various forms, including Dialogue. Exact content will be determined based on who is participating and may include some of the following:
· Foundational Skills:
Levels of listening
Suspension of judgment
Inquiry and reflection
· The role of guidelines, silence, group reflection, and how to use a talking stick or other object in various ways.
· Scenarios where we ask ourselves “how would I facilitate given this behavior?”
· The interior work (self-awareness) that is required of us as facilitators.
Time: 17:00 – 19:00 hours (arrival 16:50 – 17:00) Meeting will be closed at 17:00)
Dates: 18 October, 22 November, 12 December, 3 January
Price: 2200 NOK
There is a maximum of 12 participants. We operate on a strictly first come, first served basis for this course, with a deadline for registration on the 2nd of September. For registration, e-mail email@example.com.
· A passion for learning more about Dialogue and its place in your work and life.
· Read the book Dialogue: Rediscover the transforming power of conversation.
· A computer, desktop or laptop and an internet with the speed needed to participate in Zoom calls with both audio and video. A set of headphones to decrease feedback.
· A place to participate in the sessions (either in your office/home/etc.) where you will not be disturbed.
· Commitment to all 4 sessions with non-refundable payment up front.
· A short, written application. This will help us to think into the specifics of the design for the four sessions. Please describe in 300 words or less.
What, in your experience, differentiates Dialogue from other forms of conversation?
Your experience with participating in Dialogues.
Your experience with facilitating Dialogues, if applicable.
Why you are drawn to participate in these virtual sessions.
Glenna Gerard has worked in a variety of leadership positions, including product development, sales, and business management. She pioneered the development and application of Dialogue, and brings 30+ years of experience facilitating, coaching and designing to her work.
Glenna supports leaders in growing their self- and collective-leadership skills. She draws on her expertise in self-awareness and emotional intelligence, productive dialogue, and strategic and systemic thinking to create strong results through engagement and collaboration.